Ways to cut down on false alarms in Johnson City
False alarms may become a real issue for your home’s security. They're not only a pain to resolve, but they may erode the trust you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you can do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Johnson City security system.
As the first step, be sure that your devices connected as intended. This process may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that basic user errors trigger false alarms. Secondly, check out possible culprits of false alarms, such as a back door that might be left open by accident. And finally, feel free to use the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Johnson City.
Might it be really that easy? Keep reading to see for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Johnson City?
When figuring out any issue, the initial step is to read the guidebook. Be certain that all your components are connected appropriately from your end by:
- Running a checkup via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each component to make sure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Look over your preset schedules to be certain that your home’s security isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all new smart devices are configured properly and aren't interfering with your system.
Reach out to your customer service agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Johnson City home. They'll be happy to send out a tehnician to examine your system.
Inspect your windows and doors
In the event your system seems to be OK, the ensuing course of action is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are all your doors and widows closed tightly, or do you find some mistakenly open? If an entry point stays unlatched, it might trip a motion sensor. If your family constantly neglects to secure an entry point, you might want to incorporate a smart locking system that secures automatically when your system is activated. Regrettably, windows need additional manual maintenance, particularly if you have a family member who prefers to rest with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to deactivate that device while protecting the remaining areas of the house.
Automation can be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Johnson City
One of the most effective techniques to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to include automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms that result from mistakenly opening a door or window. Then have it automatically engage again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to disarm when your smart lock is initiated with the correct number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system when you exit the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive smartphone notifications when your components notice unusual motion or have need of a new battery.
- Pair your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Johnson City by switching to a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, call (423) 537-4338 or submit the form on this page.