How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Johnson City smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in complete control of your Johnson City home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and check out suggestions to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Johnson City?
Wirelessly linking to components via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can carry out:
- View real-time or saved video from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Johnson City by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Johnson City
Even though many users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, tap phone or email and provide the info to deliver an request.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Johnson City security system. Call (423) 537-4338 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.